Thandai Mawa CakeThandai Mawa Cake
A beautiful cake such as this Thaidai Mawa is a fitting recipe to celebrate Holi. During the Festival of Colors, people celebrate the victory of good over evil and welcome the arrival of spring! Is there any way to have a celebration without food? Don't think so! With the combination of the rich, delicious flavors of thandai and the decadence of mawa cake, this cake is perfect for the celebration of Holi. It effervesces with Suncore Foods® Rose Petals Superbloom infused rosewater and its delicate garnish. Every day is a celebration, so let's celebrate love, colors, and spring with this wonderful cake! We wish you a colorful day with all kinds of color, love, and happiness.
2 3/4 cup cake flour
1.5 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup mawa
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup thandai powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
3 large eggs (room temperature)
3/4 cup vegetable oil/ melted ghee
1 cup whole milk (room temperature)
2 tsp rosewater
A pinch of saffron
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup cashew nuts
1 tsp whole black peppercorns
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Rose Petals
A pinch of saffron strands
20 pods green cardamom pods
1.5 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup Suncore Foods® Rose Petals
2 cups water
12 oz unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp rosewater
1/4 cup heavy cream
A generous pinch Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1. To Make the Rose Water — Add the dried rose petals and water to a pot. Let it simmer for ten mins covered or till the petals turn white. Filter the rose water through a sieve and set it aside to cool completely.
2. Thandai powder — Grind together everything listed under Thandai powder. Store the powder in an airtight container.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
4. Line a 9” baking pan with parchment paper.
5. Butter and flour the pan.
6. Mix all the dry ingredients together ( cake flour, baking powder, Thandai powder, saffron, and salt).
7. Beat the sugar and oil well for 2 mins. Add in the Mawa and beat for 39 sec. Add in the eggs, rose water, and vanilla extract and beat till well mixed. Add the flour mixture and milk in two batches starting and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just mixed. Do not over beat or mix.
8. Spoon the batter onto the prepared pan and bake for 30 mins till done or when a toothpick insert comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 mins then invert it into the cooling rack. Allow it to cool completely. You could also make cupcakes with this batter just reduce the cooking time by 10 mins.
10. For the buttercream, beat the butter for 2 mins. Then add the other ingredients listed under buttercream and beat for 1 to 2 mins until fluffy. Frost as desired.