Sparkling Ebony Carrot Purple Sweet Potato Pop Tarts with Blueberry White Chia Jam
Purple will become your new favorite color! These Sparkling Ebony Carrot Purple Sweet Potato Pop Tarts with Blueberry White Chia Jam are calling your name! You'll be daydreaming about these all day long!
Makes 4 Pop Tarts
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
¾ tsp salt
½ cup coconut oil, solid
3-5 tbsp cold water
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
¼ cup water
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® White Chia Seeds
1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
1 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1. Add the flour, coconut sugar, and salt to a food processor and pulse until combined. Spoon in the coconut oil and blend. Add cold water 1 tbsp at a time until dough comes together - you should be able to pinch it between your fingers. Dump your dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap, shape into a rectangular disc, and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until dough is hard enough to roll out.
2. Meanwhile, make your fruit filling by combining the blueberries, water, and Suncore Foods® White Chia Seeds in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and simmer for around 10 minutes. Add in the coconut sugar, tapioca starch, and Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder & Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder. Once combined, and most of the blueberries have burst, remove from heat. If desired, use a fork to smash the remaining blueberries; set mixture aside to cool.
3. Roll dough (between two pieces of parchment paper) into a rectangle, about 1/8” thick. Use a ruler and knife to carefully cut 3”x4” rectangles - you should be able to cut 8 rectangles for 4 pop tarts; you may have to re-roll your extra dough bits to get all 8 rectangles. Refrigerate rectangles on a piece of parchment paper for 5 minutes, careful not to stack them.
4. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Arrange 4 of your crust rectangles on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top each one with about 1 1/2 tbsp of the chia fruit jam, leaving 1/4” border at the edges. Brush the edges with almond milk and then top each pop tart with one of the remaining 4 rectangles. Carefully press the edges together and then use a fork to press and seal each edge. Use a chopstick or fork to poke holes in the top of each pop tart. Bake pop tarts at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until crust is slightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
5. Make your icing by combining the confectioner’s sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, and Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder & Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder, adding more or less Supercolor Powders to reach desired color. You want your glaze to be thick/thin enough that when you lift up your spoon, it take 2-3 seconds for the “ribbons” to disappear. You may need more or less powdered sugar/almond milk. Spread icing over each pop tart. Allow the icing to set before sprinkling withSuncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes. Enjoy!