Shortbread Snowflake Cookies
The lights are turned down low, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! We are getting cozy by the fireplace and munching on these gorgeous Shoerbread Snowflake Cookies. Turn your ordinary shortbread cookies into these whimsical snowflakes, and make it even more fun with Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder to color it blue-tifully! Have fun and let it snow cookies!
Shortbread Cookie Ingredients:
225g vegan butter, at room temperature
65g powdered sugar
6g pure vanilla extract
375g gluten-free all-purpose flour (or gluten-free 1-to-1 flour)
27g (2 tbs) aquafaba
3g (½ tsp) cream of tartar
6g (1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
250g (~2 cups) powdered sugar
2-3 tsp plant-milk
1/8 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder
1. Shortbread: Beat butter for 2-3 minutes until creamed. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Mix in remaining ingredients and form a dough. Tightly wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for minimum 1 hour up to overnight.
2. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 3500 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut shortbread dough into smaller, more manageable, portions. Allow the dough to warm up for 3-5 minutes.
3. Roll and cut dough: Place one portion of dough between two sheets of wax paper and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/4“ thickness (or to preference). Using cookie cutters, cut the dough. Remove excess dough. Lift the bottom wax paper and gently remove the cut cookies and place them on the prepared baking tray.
4. Bake: Bake for 8-10 minutes on the middle rack. Allow shortbread to cool down completely before icing.
5. Icing: Beat or whisk aquafaba until frothy. Mix in cream of tartar and vanilla extract. Add Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powder and powdered sugar, half at a time, and beat/whisk until well combined. If the icing is too thick or crumbly, add plant-milk 1 tsp at a time, in order thin it out. If the icing is too thin, add some more powdered sugar to preference.
6. Add icing to a piping bag and decorate shortbread cookies to preference. Allow the icing to dry completely before serving.