Ruby Red Radish Strawberry Pink Chia Jam Macarons
Our hearts sing for these wonderful Ruby Radish Pink Strawberry Chia Jam Macarons! Take a bite and fall in love with the crisp macarons shell filled with delicious sweet chocolate ganache mixed with strawberry chia jam made with our Suncore Foods® Chia Seeds! Mmmmmm, it's chef kiss DELICIOUS! You can color it this pretty pink & red with Suncore Foods® Ruby Radish Powder! Let's eat with your hearts.
Ruby Radish Pink Macaron:
50g reduced aquafaba *refrigerated overnight
1g cream of tartar
38g superfine sugar
85g powdered sugar
60g almond flour
2-3.5g Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder
200g dark chocolate
100g coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Strawberry Chia Jam Filling:
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Chia Seeds
2 tbsp sugar of choice
Ruby Radish Pink Icing:
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g sifted powdered sugar
1-2g Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder
1. Make the Macaron — Combine the powdered sugar and almond meal and place in a food processor. Blend to achieve a finer consistency then pass through a sieve. Set aside. Whisk the 50g aquafaba with the cream of tartar and one third of the sugar until a medium peak. Gradually add in the remaining sugar and continue whisking for 4 mins. Add the Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder whisk for 2 mins until combine. Fold the almond powdered sugar mixture through the meringue by hand. Add the red radish powder and whisk until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Pipe macarons on a baking sheet, let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes before baking. Bake at 150°C for approximately 13-15 mins. Allow macarons to cool completely.
2. Chocolate Ganache — Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan. Pour the hot cream over the dark chocolate and mix until smooth. Place plastic wrap over it so it is touching the surface of the ganache or place it directly into a disposable piping bag. Place ganache in the fridge until needed.
3. Strawberry Chia Jam Filling — Place the strawberries , sugar, into a saucepan over a medium heat. Mash the strawberries as they begin to
heat up. When the strawberries have broken down to a saucy consistency. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool a little before adding the Suncore Foods® Chia Seeds.
4. Ruby Radish Pink Icing — In a stand mixer, beat aquafaba with cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Add all powdered sugar and beat on low speed until thick. Add dissolved Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder and thin the icing with water to the desired consistency.
5. Assemble, pipe chocolate ganache & strawberry filling into each macaron and sandwich together.