Royal Purple Sweet Potato Cake
Show of hands who want to join us to grab a fork and dive right in to this soft & moist, bright & vibrant both in color and flavor Royal Purple Sweet Potato Cake on this Friday? We all deserves a little happy magic in our lives and our taste buds, with one slice of this striking brightly-colored Royal Purple Sweet Potato Cake will have all your delicious dreams come true, after all it is impossible to resist the beauty of this deliciously decadent cake! Incorporated Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder in this dreamy cake to get this impressive purple hue.
3/4 cup cake flour (sieved twice)
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp honey
2 1/2 tbsp milk
2 1/2 tbsp butter
6-in cake pan
For the Cream:
2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, add butter and microwave 15 seconds until completed melted; add Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder and mix well. Then add milk, whisk to mix well. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs, vanilla, honey and sugar, and whisk to mix well. Place the bowl over a pot of hot water; keep stirring until the temperature increases to 105F.
3. Remove the bowl from the hot water and place the butter bowl from step 1 over the hot water to keep it warm.
4. In the meanwhile, use an electric whisk to whisk the eggs until pale in color and fall in ribbons when the whisk is lifted. Add the flour into the bowl, and gently fold until well combined. Remove the butter bowl from the hot water; add a little batter to the milk bowl and mix well. And then take the milk mixture and pour back to the batter. Using a spatula, gently fold until well combined.
5. Transfer the batter to an 6-in cake mold, bake for 50 ~55 minutes. Carefully remove cake from the pan and cool it on a wire rack.
6. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat 1-cup heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
7. To Assemble: Place first cake on serving tray and spread top with 1/3 cup whipped cream. Follow the same process for the rest two layers.
8. To make purple decorate cream, blend 1/4 cup Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder with 1/4 cup water until smooth, like puree. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat 1-cup heavy cream, sugar and purple sweet potato puree until soft peaks form.