Red Beet Glazed Rose Infused Donuts
These adorable Red Beet Glazed Rose Infused Donuts make any day special and you're guaranteed happiness after just one bite! Full of floral notes and satisfies all the cravings. Naturally colored with Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder to achieve the pink hue with dashes of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt, infused & topped it off with Suncore Foods® Rose Petals Superbloom, it’s a pink lover’s dream! Here's to a sweet beginning or end to your day!
Makes 12 Donuts
Rose infused milk:
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
3-4 tbsp Suncore Foods® Rose Petals Superbloom
Heat up milk, pour the milk in a mason jar, add in rose petals. Infuse overnight in the chiller.
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Rose Petals Superbloom
Blend until powder form; infused overnight in an airtight container.
1 cup rose-infused milk (bring to room temperature)
1/2 tbsp white vinegar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 tbsp water
1 1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup rose sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Velvety Red Beet Supercolor Powder
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
For the Pink Glaze:
160 grams white chocolate
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder
1. To make Donuts — Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Mix flaxseed meal with water, set aside. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Mix all wet ingredients along with flaxseed mixture until well incorporated.
3. Add batter in 2 batches to dry mixture.
4. Gently fold until everything comes together. Repeat for the other half of the batter.
5. Transfer mixture to piping bag; pipe them directly onto donut pan. Gently tap the pan on counter to release air bubbles.
6. Once ready, bake them for 12-15 minutes. Set aside until completely cool.
7. To make Glaze Melt chocolate over double boiler, stir in red beet powder until well incorporated. Place about 1 tbsp glaze mixture on each hole of the donut pan, then place the baked donuts directly back onto the holes of the donut pan that are already glazed. Give gentle swirls to ensure the donuts are evenly glazed.
8 Once ready; transfer the tray to the freezer for couple of minutes for the glaze to firm up. Gently tap the tray on counter to release the donuts. Enjoy!