Purple Sweet Potato Spiral Cookies
Turn Monday into Funday with these delicious Purple Sweet Potato Spiral Cookies. There's happiness in every bite! Spin into a new week with this lovely purple hue, use Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder to little a color into your day. It's impossible to frown when you're eating a cookie. Let's take a bite into this soft, crips cookie and feel the butter melt in your mouth. Have fun, and may your Monday be sweet as these beauties!
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 powdered sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder
1. Combine flour , baking powder, salt, sugars in a bowl of a stand mixer. Add butter and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
2. Dissolve Purple Sweet Potato Powder in 1/4 cup of water.
3. Divide the dough in half. Return one half to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add Purple Sweet Potato mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Roll out both halves of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a rectangle. Refrigerate until firm. Remove the dough from fridge and peel off the parchment paper. Stack two dough rectangles on top of each other. Trim the edges with the knife. When the dough becomes soft, roll the dough. Wrap the log and refrigerate until firm.
5. Preheat the oven to 325'F. Slice the log into 1/4 inch disks and back for 15 minutes.