Pandan Matcha Cake
This Pandan Matcha Cake is a delicious dream come true! The yummy combination of relaxing green hues, & delightful flavors that will take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey. Let's make magic happen and color your day with this calming hue using Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf and Midori Jade Matcha Powders. Whether you're making it for an upcoming gathering or just because, this cotton-soft velvety light and wonderfully rich bold flavor Pandan Matcha Cake is going to be your new keeper.
150g cake flour or all purpose flour
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder
1/3 cup (65g) sugar of choice
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (125g) dairy free milk
15g Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder
1/4 cup (62g) dairy free yogurt
85g dairy free butter melted
200g full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup soy milk
1/4 cup sugar of choice
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp agar-agar powder
1 vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. To make the cake, preheat your oven at 175c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder, milk and blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press out the juice.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl mix the wet ingredients together. Fold the mixture with a spatula to incorporate.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely. Use a cake ring to cut out the cakes. Place cake in a cake ring, set aside.
5. In a saucepan, bring coconut milk, soy milk and sugar to a boil. Add agar-agar, Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder and stirring constantly, keep stirring until agar completely dissolve. Then lower the heat and whisk in cornstarch, vanilla and salt. Let simmer for 1 min. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool for 2-3 mins. Pour mixture over the cake layer and refrigerate until it is firm enough to remove out from the pan. Enjoy!