Matcha Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate Ganache
We are so match in love with these oh so sweet Shortbread Sandwich Chocolate Ganache Cookies — buttery, crispy, and surprisingly delightful! Simply used Suncore Foods® Premium Japanese Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder into a classic shortbread recipe, and the gorgeous green hue plus earthy matcha flavor really shine through & pairs perfectly well with your choice of drink. What's better way to celebrate the weekend ahead with a stack of these melt-in-you-mouth treats! Happy weekend.
Matcha Shortbread Cookies:
50g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
115g (1/2 cup) softened vegan butter (stick) / dairy butter
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
65g (1/2 cup) all purpose flour
120g (1 cup) cornstarch
1-2 tsp Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
For the Chocolate Ganache
200g heavy cream (DF/V or whipping coconut cream)
200g dark chocolate
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, matcha powder and salt, and gradually sift this mixture to the butter mixture.
3. The dough will start to come together after a couple of minutes. The dough should be soft, but not sticky. Wrap and refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 170C degrees and roll out dough to 5mm thickness.
5. Cut out cookies using a 5cm round cookie cutter and place on a lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Ganache — Chop the chocolate into fine pieces and place it into a large bowl. Set aside. Pour the cream into a small saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat for a few minutes until hot (it doesn't need to boil). Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Stir with a spatula gently to distribute the chocolate through the cream and then let it sit for a few minutes before stirring until the ganache comes together in a creamy and shiny mass. Let cool down to room temperature, then refrigerate for 30 minutes, just long enough for it to set but not too hard. Then whip it up with an electric mixer to create a fluffy chocolate Frosting.
8. Using a piping bag or a spoon, spread some chocolate frosting over the bottom side of one cookie and top with a second cookie. Enjoy!