Hong Kong Fruit Crepe Pillows
Continuous small treats are the secret to happiness! Sit back, relax, and have a bite of these colorful, delicious Hong Kong Fruit Crepe Pillows. It's a popular dessert made out of light, soft egg flavored crepes stuffed with whipped cream and your favorite choice of fruit. Mango is a fan favorite! Add a touch of fun and color with Suncore Foods® Powders to achieve these delightful and joyous colors! Enjoy these delicious, filled with magic pillows.
3 large eggs
240 ml milk
9g unsalted butter - melted
50g all-purpose flour
24g powdered sugar
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Canary Yellow Safflower Powder (add more to achieve desired result)
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Powder (add more to achieve desired result)
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder (add more to achieve desired result)
250 ml heaving whipping cream
25g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Rinse fruits. Peel off skins and slice off strawberry stems. Cut fruits in half and set them aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and butter until well combined. Sift in flour, cornstarch, and sugar. Divide batter equally into three bowls. Sift in desired Suncore Foods® Powders and mix. Run batter through a sieve. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30-60 mins.
3. Add a small drizzle of oil in a pan and remove excess with a paper towel. Pour in approx 1/4 cup of batter over medium heat. Crepe is ready to flip once bubbles appear and edges release from the pan. Flip using a rubber spatula and cook for 20 more secs. Transfer crepe to a plate, then repeat. Don’t be discouraged if your first crepe doesn’t come out well, it rarely does.
4. In a clean large mixing bowl, combine heavy cream and sugar. Using a handheld mixer, whisk until soft peaks and can almost hold its shape. Add vanilla and mix once more.
5. Dollop a large spoonful of filling onto the middle of a crepe. Place fruit on top of the cream facing cut-side up. Fold crepe inwards on all sides similar to a pillow and transfer to serving plate fold side down. Slice in half or enjoy it as is!