Home is where the heart is! And this delicate and exquisite gingerbread complete has our hearts melting. Using Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder, you can achieve this beautiful icy blue color; and a pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt for the magical finishes. Love grows in small houses, this house is where our love stand! This time of the year is all about creating memories and building bonds with your loved ones, and building a gingerbread house together is the perfect way to get the holiday spirit. Cheers everyone!
370g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
85g dairy free butter
150g brown choice
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g sifted powdered sugar
2-3 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder
1. Sift your dry ingredients together, set aside. In a stand mixer, whisk together butter. sugar, vanilla and molasses together. Add the dry ingredients. Mix on medium/low until a smooth ball starts to form, do not over mix. Add more flour if needed.
2. Roll out dough onto parchment paper or a baking mat to 1/4" thick. Try to make the dough as even in thickness as possible. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 180c. Cut shapes out using gingerbread house templates. Transfer to parchment-covered baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let fully cool before moving.
4. Make the Icing — In a stand mixer, beat aquafaba with cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Add all powdered sugar and beat on low speed until thick. Beat in blue spirulina powder and beat until thickened. Thin the icing with water to the desired consistency.
5. Decorate cookie pieces with royal icing. Let dry completely.
6. Use stiff icing to attach the gingerbread house together piece by piece.
7. Have fun baking!