Emerald Pandan Leaf Mini Steamed Buns
The perfect swirl for the perfect loaf and this recipe was born out of a dream. We are so captivated and cannot get over how pleasant delicious these Emerald Pandan Leaf Mini Steamed Buns are! Make your buns more fun by adding a dash of Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder that just satisfies your taste buds! You can make this fluffy and swirl of airy buns from the comfort of your own home, you'll be surprised how good it turns out and how easy it was! Who wants to join us and have a bite? Don't forget to look through the various selections of Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powders to add the fun colorful twist while baking!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp soy milk powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
5g Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder (dissolved in 1 tbsp water)
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, add in oil and milk gradually, mix into a dough. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 2. Knead the plain dough until smooth, elastic, and shiny. Cover with kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out.
3. Add the dissolved Pandan leaf powder to the second portion of dough, knead until well incorporated, dough becomes smooth, elastic, and shiny.
4. Roll out the plain dough on parchment paper, roll out into thin flat rectangle. Set aside.
5. Roll out the pandan leaf dough on parchment paper, roll out into thin flat rectangle.
6. Gently stack the pandan dough on top of the plain. Use a rolling pin to seal the two layers. Gently roll the dough into a log. Cut log into about equal pieces and place them on parchment paper squares. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for 30-40 minutes.
7. Steam buns for 15 minutes on low heat. Serve warm. Enjoy!