Emerald Pandan Christmas Tree Cake
We're flocking around this Christmas tree, and you will too if you see what's inside! With layers of moist vanilla cake filled with an incredible raspberry cream, it's hard to not cut into this cake without admiring its stunning decoration first. Frosted with the most wonderful shade of green made with Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder and tasteful sugar dusting for snow, friends and family will want to take their holiday photos in front of this picturesque cake. And just like real Christmas trees, this cake can be dressed up for whichever theme suits your fancy with the addition of candy and/or sprinkles because this tree is going to bring all the holiday cheer!
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder
1 cups heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 3 6-inch round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, then butter/spray with cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the canola oil, yogurt, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and buttermilk. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
3. Pour the batter among the 3 cake pans and bake 30 - 35 minutes. Remove and let cool five minutes, then turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack. Cover and let the cakes cool completely before assembling.
4. For the Green Frosting — Cream the butter. Sift powdered sugar and Suncore Foods Emerald Pandan Leaf powder into a large bowl.
5. For Raspberry Cream — Beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer until fluffy, add the heavy cream and jam. Whip until stiff peaks form.
6. Add room temperature cream cheese to the creamed butter. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
7. To Assemble — Slice the cakes to halves and use cutters to cut them into 5 in, 4 in, 3 in, 2 in, 1 in circles. Place one 6 inch cake layer on a serving plate or cake stand and spread raspberry cream over the cake and add a handful of fresh raspberries in the middle. Repeat with the remaining cake layers. Spread the green frosting over the cake. Decorate with candy.