Blue Spirulina Vegan Baked Donuts
How can we say no to donuts? Especially when they're coated with Blue Spirulina icing!? We think these might be the most delicate looking donuts ever, achieved the heavenly blues with our Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder! Give a go at making these dazzling treats at home, one won't be enough when it comes to these donuts!
Recipe and photo by our brand ambassador Mei Yee. Check out her Instagram @nm_meiyee for more magnificent recipes!
2 cups or 240g wholemeal flour
1/2 cup or 100g coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/2 cup or 120g dairy free yogurt
1 cup or 240g unsweetened soy milk
2 tsp vanilla bean extract
200g dairy free chocolate
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Prepare a donut pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, milk, yogurt and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Add the batter to a piping bag, snip a corner and pipe it in.
6. Bake donuts for 12 minutes. Remove donuts from oven and let cool.
7. Combine melted chocolate with blue spirulina powder. Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate.