Blue Butterfly Pea Tie-Dye Thai Noodle Salad
Incredibly light and refreshing with flavors, textures, and colors galore! This Blue Butterfly Pea Tie-Dye Thai Noodle Salad is a fantastic gluten-free dish that will often find its way to your lunch and dinner menus after just one taste. Crisp vegetables and peanuts sit atop a bed of tie-dye noodles colored with Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder. And yes, our Blue Butterfly Pea Powder creates blues AND purples with the addition of lemon juice! A perfect magical element and tasty zing to pair with a Thai-inspired peanut sauce! Watch this beautiful dish come together in our recipe video!
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder
2-3 tbsp water
Pot of water to cook noodles
200g rice noodles
Drizzle of lemon juice (juice of up to 1 lemon to taste)
2 cups chopped salad vegetables of choice (recommended: Cucumber, bell peppers, carrots)
3 tbsp unsweetened creamy peanut butter
¼ cup tamari (or soy sauce)
1.5 tsp vegan fish sauce
Pinch cayenne powder
Salt to taste (adjust salt quantity based on tamari/soy sauce saltiness)
½ tsp brown sugar
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
Optional, for a thinner dressing - ¼ cup plant-milk (or to taste)
¼ cup spring onions, finely chopped
⅓ – ½ cup unsalted chopped peanuts
1. Cook Noodles — Dissolve Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder into 2-3 tbsp of water. Add blue butterfly pea water mixture to a pot of water and place the pot of water to boil. Once the water starts to heat up, add noodles and cook until noodles are cooked through and the blue butterfly pea color has properly set in.
2. Once the noodles are ready, strain noodles and discard the water. Run noodles under cold water for approximately 30 seconds.
3. Place noodles on a serving plate and drizzle some lemon juice. Set aside for 2-5 minutes until the noodles are partially pink in color showcasing a blue and pink tie-dye effect.
4. Prepare Dressing — While the noodles are changing color, blend all dressing ingredients until well combined. For a thinner salad dressing, blend in some plant-milk.
5. Add salad vegetables to the noodles and drizzle salad dressing or serve on the side. Garnish Thai noodles salad with spring onions and peanuts.