Blue Butterfly Pea Rose Cupcakes
Add a touch of whimsical charm to your next dessert party with these sweet Blue Butterfly Pea Apple Rose Cupcakes! These cupcakes are a beautiful blend of juicy apples, soft and fluffy sponge cake, and a delicate rose flavor. And to add an extra spark of color made using Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Flowers. This flower will turn a beautiful, shimmering shade of blue. Bake up a batch today and wow your guests at your next tea party, or make these cupcakes the centerpiece of your dessert table.
1/2 cup milk any kind
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour all-purpose 2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Flowers
2 cups hot water
1 apple, thinly sliced
1. In a bowl, add Butterfly Pea Flower and hot water, let steep for 10 minutes. Place the apple slice in the tea for at least 5 hours or set in the fridge overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. In large bowl combine baking powder, flour, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
4. Add egg, milk and oil to the flour. Whisky to mix well.
5. Transfer the batter to whipping bag and fill each muffin cup until 2/3 full.
6. Arrange the apple slices on a plate, overlapping one another. Starting at one end, roll up the slices like a rose.
7. Place the rose inside the muffin cup. Bake for 16-20 minutes.