Aqua Blue Spirulina Crepe Cake
No other dessert has “blue” us away than this blue-tiful decadent Blue Spirulina Crepe Cake in the most magnificent elegant presentation. Colored simply using Suncore Foods® Organic Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder to achieve the soft pastel blue hue highlighted in each layers of crepes. This is what dreams are made of!
1 3/4 cake flour or all purpose flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder
2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
Coconut whipping cream
1. In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, blue Spirulina powder. Add in milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined and smooth.
2. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan really well with coconut oil.
3. Remove pan from heat. Pour a small ladleful of batter in the pan and swirl the pan around to evenly coat the bottom with the batter.
4. Return the pan to heat. Leave to cook until you see the edges start to crisp up and turning brown. Then loosen with a spatula and flip. And cook until spottily brown on the other side.
5. Place the first crepe layer onto serving platter and spread coconut whipped cream between each crepe layer for a total of 10 crepes and 9 layers of cream.
6. Refrigerate Crêpe cake for at least 2 hours before serving.