Matcha & Chocolate Marble Cake
This rustic and delectable rich green tea swirls cake is a pure bliss to brighten your Tuesday and it will be your new keeper! A perfect balance between sweet, earthy flavors and refreshing buttery notes is truly a can’t beat combo. With a slice of this show stopping cake you will be match-in-love like us, completely. To achieve the matcha shines through flavors and striking emerald vibrant swirls, all you need is a love of Suncore Foods® Premium Japanese Midori Jade Supercolor Powder and you’re ready to get started. As always, you don’t have to be limited to this mesmerizing green powder, you can customize your cake any way you want by using the different colors our other Supercolor Powders have to offer!
270g cake flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
160g dairy free yogurt room temperature
160g dairy free butter
1 cup (200g) sugar of choice
180g unsweetened soy milk
28g cocoa powder
35g hot water
10g Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder dissolved in 20g-25g water
1. Preheat oven to 170c. Grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together until combined. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, combine the cocoa powder, hot water and mix well.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar on low for 2 mins. Add in yogurt, mix to combine. Add in half of the flour mixture mix on low. Add in milk and the remaining flour mixture, Mix on medium speed for about 1-2 mins or until smooth. Divide batter to 2. Fold in dissolved matcha and cocoa mixture to each batter.
4. Fill the pipping bag with batters. Pip the batter in the prepared pan. Tap gently against the counter to release air bubbles.
5. Bake for 55 mins to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove pan from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert cake onto a rack with parchment paper and cool completely.