Red Beet Powder Recipes
Beets probably aren't the first thing that comes to mind when chia pudding, flatbread pizza, penne pasta, or strawberry tarts are involved. But with Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder, they are all equipped with the potent color of dried beetroot powder to give them varying shades of vibrant red! Adding some extra color to your favorite foods is a great way to feed your passion and makes for something special to share with loved ones. What beets that? Watch these incREDible dishes come together in our recipe video!
Red Beet Chia Pudding:
¼ cup Suncore Foods® Black Chia Seeds
1 cup oat milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
¾ tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
2 tsp water
Fresh fruit and/or other toppings of choice
Quick & Easy Red Beet Pink Pitaya Flatbread with Kale Pesto:
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp dry active yeast
2¼ cups flour
½ - ¾ tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
1½ tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
¼ cup olive oil (+ more for brushing)
Pesto: Prepare the pesto before making the flatbread or while the flatbread is baking.
½ cup fresh basil
1 cup kale
½ cup unsalted pine nuts
2-3 garlic cloves
⅓ cup olive oil
¾ - 1 tsp salt
Cashew Cream Red Beet Penne:
1 cup raw unsalted cashews (+water to boil)
2¼ cups uncooked penne (+water to boil)
½ tsp salt (or to taste)
Drizzle of olive oil
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped asparagus (approx. 4-5 stalks)
½ cup chopped red peppers
1 cup + 3 tbsp pasta water
3-4 garlic cloves
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
10-14 twists of freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
⅓ cup nutritional yeast
Fresh parsley and shaved parmesan to garnish
No-Bake Mini Strawberry Red Beet Tarts: Equipment needed: Four 4” tart pans
½ cup pitted dates (+ warm water to soak the dates)
3 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp almond butter
1½ cups rolled oats (or as per preferred crust texture)
1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
3 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ cup + 2 tbsp vanilla oat milk
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
½ - ¾ tsp agar agar powder
Garnish with fresh chopped strawberries and dark chocolate
1. Red Beet Chia Seeds Pudding — Combine Suncore Foods® Black Chia Seeds, oat milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Dissolve Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder into 2 tsp of water. Pour the red beet solution into the chia mixture and whisk until well combined. Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours up to overnight. Serve with toppings of choice.
2. Red Beet Pink Pitaya Flatbread — Combine warm water, sugar and yeast. Set aside until frothy and double in size, approximately 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, garlic powder, Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder, and Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder. Once the yeast-water mixture is ready, add it to the bowl of dry ingredients along with olive oil. Mix well and form a dough. If the dough is too sticky, add some more flour. If the dough is too dry, add some more water. Sprinkle some flour onto a clean surface and knead the dough for 1-2 minutes. Separate the dough into 2 portions. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough separately to your preferred shape. Using a fork, evenly prick the dough a few times and brush some olive oil over the dough. Place the rolled-out dough onto the prepared baking tray and bake for 12-14 minutes until cooked through and lightly crispy around the edges. Allow the flatbread to cool a little so it’s safe enough to handle but still warm. Spread a generous amount of kale pesto over the flatbread and add your favourite toppings.
3. Kale Pesto — Prepare the pesto before making the flatbread or while the flatbread is baking. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Spread pesto over flatbread before adding toppings. Refrigerate any leftovers.
4. Cashew Cream Red Beet Penne — Boil cashews for 15 minutes. Drain the water and set aside. Cook pasta in salted water (once the penne is ready, don’t throw out the pasta water). While the pasta is cooking, place a pan on medium heat. Once hot, drizzle some olive oil and spread it around evenly. Add mushrooms, asparagus and red peppers and cook until the veggies are cooked through. Place the boiled cashews, pasta water, garlic cloves, Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder, black pepper and nutritional yeast in a blender. Blend until very well combined. The sauce should be smooth and creamy. Pour the sauce over the veggies and mix well. Stir in cooked penne until well combined. Serve with fresh parsley and shaved parmesan.
5. No-Bake Mini Strawberry Red Beet Tarts — Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain the water and place dates along with 3 tbsp of warm water and almond butter in a blender. Blender until smooth and paste like. Transfer date paste to a bowl and mix in oats. Test the mixture by pressing it between your figures: It should come together and not stick to your fingers. If the mixture is too sticky, add some more oats. If the mixture is too dry, add some more almond butter 1 tsp at a time. Firmly and evenly, press down the mixture into 4 mini tart pans. Set aside. Blend together until well combined, strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract, oat milk and Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder. Transfer strawberry mixture into a saucepan and mix in agar agar powder until well dissolved. For a softer filling, use ½ tsp of agar agar and for a firmer filling, use ¾ tsp. Bring the mixture to boil while stirring regularly. Reduce heat and continue to cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Pour the mixture onto the prepared crust and refrigerate mini tarts for minimum 2 hours up to overnight. Garnish with fresh strawberries and dark chocolate before serving.