Lemon Rose with Taro Yam Glazed Shortbread Cookies
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Suncore Foods® Rose Petals
Zest of one lemon
¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Powder
2 tbsp milk
1. Add sugar, Suncore Foods® Rose Petals and lemon zest to a small food processor and pulse until well mixed.
2. Add softened butter to a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and cream until light and fluffy. Add sugar mixture & salt and continue mixing until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl once or twice to make sure the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and cornstarch. Add the flour mixture to stand mixer in two additions, mixing at low speed until just combined.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and knead until it comes together. Press the dough into a rectangle, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 325˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and transfer to a clean work surface. Place parchment paper on top and roll dough into a large rectangle, about ½ inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into cookies.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating halfway through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. To make glaze, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Dip the cooled cookies in glaze and top with more rose petals if desired.
Please, add this product to Collection to show a similar products within Collection