Red Curry Vegetable Pad Thai
Okay, here's the bottom line: THIS IS DELICIOUS. Yes, you can have Thai takeout right at home! This Red Curry Vegetable Pad Thai is packed with so much flavor and loads of vegetables! So cozy, comforting and fragrant – plus, it's easy enough for any time of the week! Incorporated Suncore Foods® Red Turmeric Powder and Suncore Foods® Rose Salt to spice and season the dish up. This dish comes together in about 30 minutes, and bonus! You can have this cold for lunch the next day as a noodle salad!
Created by the fabulous Gina. Check out her Instagram @healthylittlevittles for more breathtaking recipes!
8 oz noodles of your choice of Pad Thai
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 tbsp red curry paste
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Turmeric Powder
1/2 tbsp curry powder
Pinch Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/4 cup liquid aminos/tamari gluten-free soy sauce
1/2 large onion, diced medium
1 sweet potato, peeled, diced, roasted
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup shredded carrots
4 oz shiitake mushrooms
1/2 small head napa cabbage, diced
1. Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
2. Place your peeled and diced sweet potato on the baking sheet and drizzle with the tablespoon of olive oil, roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until they start to turn slightly brown.
3. While those are roasting, boil a pot of water and cook the mei fun noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside
Add your tablespoon of sesame oil to a large wok (or skillet) and saute the diced onion over medium heat until translucent, then add the mushrooms, peas, cabbage, and carrots and saute an additional 5-7 minutes, tossing frequently.
4. Once the veggies are soft (but not mushy) set them aside in a bowl and return the wok/skillet to the same burner.
5. Add the coconut milk, red curry paste, red turmeric powder, and liquid aminos and whisk until smooth and well combined. Let the sauce heat for a few minutes until it starts to slightly bubble.
6. Add the noodles into the wok/skillet with the sauce and toss to combine
Add the rest of the vegetables, including the sweet potatoes to the wok, toss and combine
7. Serve hot!
8. NOTE: Can be eaten cold for lunch the next day too!