Puffed Quinoa Bars
These Puffed Quinoa Bars make a great topping for salad, yogurt, hot cereals, or even frozen nicecream! With a little imagination and magic, the possibilities are endless.
1 cup Suncore Foods® Royal Pearl Quinoa
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Heat a deep pot over medium-high heat until the surface is almost smoking.
2. Add enough Suncore Foods® Royal Pearl Quinoa to cover the bottom of the pot, without any overlap.
3. Turn heat down to medium, cover pot, and shake pot until popping sound stops/slows down (crack the lid a couple times to let the steam escape).
4. Turn heat down to medium, cover pot, and shake pot until popping sound stops/slows down (crack the lid a couple times to let the steam escape).
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar and honey over medium-low heat until brown sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Pour the puffed quinoa into the brown sugar and honey mixture, sprinkle with sliced almonds, and fold together until completely combined.
4. Transfer this mixture to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and compress into a smooth thin layer.
5. Bake for 8 minutes.
6. Let cool, break into pieces, and enjoy!