Chocolate Mocha Protein Cake
What's on the menu for tonight's dessert? Chocolate Mocha Protein Cake made by the incredible Gina @healthylittlevittles. She boosted this decadent dessert with Suncore Foods® Low GI Chocolate Mocha Superplant Protein Powder.
Head over to Gina's feed for the recipe! This cake will mocha you very happy!
1 pack of Suncore Foods® Low GI Mocha Boost Superplant Protein Powder (plus more for dusting, optional)
2 cups gluten-free flour
1/4 tsp salt (or Suncore Foods® Rose Salt)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup brewed coffee
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine your almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and allow it to sit while you prepare the rest of the cake (about 5-10 minutes). This creates a “buttermilk”-like texture and works great in vegan baking
3. In a large bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients
4. Make your cup of coffee (I make a large cup in my Keurig and that equals a cup for the recipe)
5. Melt your chocolate chunks in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds
*NOTE: they may not look completely melted, but give it a good stir before putting back in the microwave to avoid burning your chocolate
6. Stir your grapeseed oil, vanilla, coffee and chocolate into the dry cake mix, then add the almond milk mixture. Combine until the batter is nice and smooth
7. Pour the batter into your well-oiled bundt cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes.